Skip to main content

Estate Planning

Support Us

You can plan now to give a gift in your name as part of your legacy. Our planned estate giving program allows many ways to design your plan while you are alive and continue to provide valuable support after you are gone. We suggest you consult a financial advisor or attorney to record your wishes. Here are a few methods to consider and discuss:

Provisions in a will allowing the donor to specify annual contributions, conservation restrictions on land, make a special gift to enhance a land trust. 

Charitable Remainder Trust
Irrevocable trust providing income for landowner or other beneficiary for life or a term of 20 years.

Reserved Life Estate
Landowner conveys property to land trust and continues to live on the land until death, at which time the property title is transferred to the land trust.

IRA Distribution
Assets or accounts donated to a land trust allowing owner eligibility of income tax deduction. This is often used when an individual makes mandatory deductions from an IRA account after the age of 70.5. This donation method is often referred to as qualified charitable distribution or QCD.

Donor Advised Funds
Administered by a public charity created to manage donations from an organization, families or individuals.

Life Insurance, Pension Plan
Assets donated directly to a land trust from an insurance policy, annuity, retirement plan, or other savings account related to a pension. 

If you have questions please contact Ann Schmierer at or call 541.366.2150
Wild Rivers Land Trust is a 501(c)3 organization. EIN#93-1289894